Who we are
Petersfield Community Radio Ltd is a not for profit company limited by guarantee, operated by volunteers and established for social gain.
Our registered company number is 11705881 and our registered office is at Antrobus House, 18 College Street, Petersfield GU31 4AD.
What information do we collect from you?
The information we collect from you is likely to include your name, address, phone number, email address, age and any responses you provide during your interaction with us.
If you are a project team member you may have a website account. If you do, we will store the information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit or delete your profile at any time.
If you use our services through a connected device we may collect information regarding your location based on your IP address.
We will not collect sensitive personal information without your express permission to do so.
What do we use your information for?
We use your personal information to:
- communicate with you about project activities if you have signed-up as a volunteer
- inform you about community events, services and promotions if you have given your express consent
- enable you to log in to your account if you have one
- enable you to enter competitions should we run any
The use of your personal information is on the basis of your express consent at the point of collection. We may also process your personal information if we have a legitimate interest to:
- analyse, measure and improve the services we offer
- help prevent fraud and loss
- train our volunteers subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations being observed
- comply with relevant regulatory obligations
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name and email address in a cookie so you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies last for one year.
If you have an account we set a temporary cookie to check whether your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is deleted when you close your browser. If you log out of your account the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. It indicates the post ID of the article you have edited and expires after one day.
We do not knowingly process information from people aged under 13.
When members of our volunteer team are under 18 we require express permission for them to participate from someone with parental responsibility. We will hold this information together with the information relating to the child under the terms of this policy.
With whom do we share your information?
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- to enable us to comply with the law if requested or obliged to do so by law enforcement agencies, regulatory or other governmental bodies
- with our legal advisors to enable us to fulfil our legal obligations and protect or defend our legal rights
- if we need to share information with providers who perform services on our behalf subject to a satisfactory sub-processing agreement being signed in advance
- if you enter a competition we may provide your information to competition sponsors if you have given your prior consent. If you win a prize we may share the relevant information with sponsors to enable the prize to be awarded
- in the event that we transfer all or a portion of company assets we reserve the right to transfer the information we have about you
For how long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as it is necessary.
We will keep information about our volunteers for the duration of the time they volunteer with us. We will keep information about members of the public who interact with our services for no more than 24 months after their last interaction with us.
If you leave a comment on our website, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Where do we hold your information?
We process your information on systems which may store data outside the UK and the EU, such cloud-based file management or commercial email platforms. We protect data held on all cloud-based systems through multi-factor login and encrypted data transfer.
Your data protection rights
Petersfield Community Radio Ltd. is a certified Data Controller and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in accordance with data protection laws. Our registration number is ZA482758.
Under these laws you have the right to:
- request access to the information we hold about you. If you wish to submit a request, please contact email@example.com
- request the restriction of use of your information in certain circumstances
- have your information corrected, erased or moved (if the processing is based on consent)
- object to processing of your information
- withdraw your express consent to processing at any time where such consent is the basis of processing
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner at https://ico.org.uk if you have concerns about how we use or process your information.
We hope that you would contact us first so we can deal with any concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will update this policy from time to time. It was last updated on 21 December 2018.